We are a VC-backed technology company creating a marketplace that, for the first time, connects the advertising industry to the entire internet as a source of content that can be licensed for commercial campaigns. As we scale, our platform will be the backbone of a new economy that empowers millions of people across the internet to get paid and recognized for the content they create every day.
Our customers include Google, Puma, Nike, Kia, Red Lobster, Gillette, and many more, and they have used our platform to produce advertising campaigns that have been seen by hundreds of millions of people, including many Super Bowl spots.
We are headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles as well as remote team members distributed across the country.
Catch&Release is a tech start-up. We like to build, not maintain; create, not just operate. We're a unique collection of agency experts, engineers, product designers, filmmakers, artists, marketers and licensing experts; pioneers who are building a platform that will change the content industry. As the first company to build technology that curates and licenses content from the internet, innovation has been part of our DNA since day one.
Some of the Perks
Ready to make a sizable impact and redefine the advertising production industry? Join us!
For additional information, check us out on social @Catch&Release.
Catch&Release, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to help shape our technology strategy and scale our engineering team to accelerate the business towards our vision. You will play a critical role in creating a first of its kind suite of products that leverage AI, machine learning, computer vision, and customer-driven design to enable advertisers to discover and license user-generated content at the scale of the internet. This is a great opportunity to join an early-stage company that's already highly productive, results-oriented, and team-driven, creating a strong foundation to build from. This role sits on the Executive team reporting to the CEO, and will be a close partner to our Head of Product and Head of Operations.
What You’ll Do
● Build relationships with and earn the respect of our current engineering team while recruiting world-class, diverse engineering talent with effective hiring strategies
● Develop and maintain our technical roadmap alongside our product roadmap, ensuring architectural decision-making and day-to-day execution is aligned with the strategic objectives of the company
● Partner with the Product team to assess engineering implications of roadmap features
● Partner with the Product team to ensure our data, analytics, and reporting systems are built to become a key competitive advantage
● Develop key goals and metrics to gauge engineering team performance
● Work with stakeholders across the company and with the executive team to ensure that engineering is in alignment with every function within the business
● Participate in potential partnership discussions and technical evaluations
● Prioritize, plan, and budget engineering resources to meet the needs of the company
● Ensure best practices for security and compliance are met by our platform
● As a member of our senior leadership team, you will represent engineering in executive decision making as well as with our board and investors
What You Bring
● Proven track record of building and leading strong engineering teams
● Experience successfully scaling an early-stage startup’s engineering team from a handful to 20+
● You’re great at using technology to creatively solve large scale complex problems for customers and the business
● You’re technical, hands-on, and willing to roll up the sleeves to support the team as needed
● Strong presence; good communicator both externally as well as internally at the executive, board, and investor level
● Meaningful experience as a software engineer before becoming a manager
What Will Make You Stand Out
● Experience applying machine learning and/or computer vision to solve customer problems
● Experience architecting complex data searches for customer products
● Experience using recommendation engines to create personalized user experiences
● You're open-minded and able to adapt to a variety of situations but also have a good intuition for when more structure is needed
● You're pragmatic and able to balance trade-offs while not being afraid to take calculated risks
Get In Touch
Ready to make a sizable impact and redefine the advertising production industry? Drop us a line at email@example.com.